Chemical dependency is a disease that affects the entire family. Wives, husbands, parents and siblings experience consequences from their loved one’s addiction and alcoholism just as much as the client themselves. Studies show that recovery is stronger and more effective when family members are educated and involved in the treatment process.
The family program at ONE80CENTER educates participants about addiction and alcoholism, and its effects on the entire family structure. It provides a foundation of support and practical tools to empower family and loved ones as they journey on the path of recovery. We provide educational groups to address the following areas:
- How to understand the disease of addiction and its impact on your family
- How to learn about the effects of alcohol and other drugs on your relationship
- How to communicate important issues about your relationships in healthy ways
- Learn about your loved ones early days of recovery and how to help them
- Learn about the support the ONE80CENTER community can provide
- Learn about additional resources available in the Recovery community
Our family program is offered weekly and runs on Sunday afternoon and/or Wednesday evening. Through speakers, and small-group discussions with other family members, our client’s loved ones gain knowledge and practical skills to support recovery. At ONE80CENTER, we help the client by offering support and tools to the client’s entire family.