From OxyContin addiction to Percocet abuse, from doctor shopping for Vicodin to raiding nursing homes for Percodan, Narcotic painkillers are killing America. With overdoses rates rising across the social strata, including high school students and urban young professionals, narcotic painkillers are killing so much more than pain as their abuse spirals out of control. In the past, illegal drugs were the central focus of the anti-drug campaigns by both the Federal Government and local communities. Today, prescription drugs are the main problem, and the abuse of prescription narcotics is simply out of control. ONE80CENTER recognizes this modern plague, and we are doing everything we can to provide the best in treatment services for narcotic painkiller addiction and abuse while raising awareness and providing educational tools to families and loved ones, co-workers and friends.
It is incredible how many different types of narcotic painkillers there are and the vast variety of dosages and combinations. And the number of brand names that we know better than the actual generic originals is endless and goes on and on.
- The generic name of Hydrocordone includes the brand names of Vicodin, Lortab and Norco.
- The generic name of Oxycodone includes the brand names of OxyContin, Percodan and Percocet.
- Codeine is simply Codeine, but comes in multiple forms like Codeine 5 and attached to Tylenol and other drugs.
- The generic name Hydromorphone includes the brand names of Dilaudid, Dilaudid-5, Dilaudid-HP, and Hydrostat IR
- The generic name Propoxyphene includes the brand names Cotanal-65, Darvon
- The generic name of Meperidine is more recognized as the brand name of Demerol
- Morphine comes in multiple forms, including pills, suppositories and injections, and almost a dozen brand names.
- The generic name of Methadone includes the brand names of Dolophine and Methadose.
And this is not the entire list, and we could include several more generic categories and many more brand names. Nursing homes and elderly communities where these drugs actually are needed for such common chronic conditions as arthritis and joint pain are being raided by desperate drug addicted teenagers and young adults across the country. The abuse is staggering, yet we are turning a blind eye to the problem. No longer! ONE80CENTER recognizes that prescription narcotic painkiller abuse, particularly with OxyContin and Percodan, is a primary threat to the safety and health of the American public, and we will do our best to contain to educate and raise awareness. If you or someone you know has a problem with narcotic painkillers and prescription drugs, do not hesitate. Contact the recovery experts at ONE80CENTER by calling toll free 888.588.4180.